I‘m so excited to be able to share the second interview in my new Behind the Leader series.
Today’s guest is former Starbucks International President, Howard behar. Howard joined Starbucks when it was a small regional chain with 28 stores in the Pacific Northwest. Along with Howard Shultz and Orin Smith, a leadership team that came to be known as H2O, Howard helped guide the vision and growth of the company into a multibillion, multinational giant.
Howard is also the co-author of a wonderful book on leadership entitled, It’s Not About The Coffee, that I strongly recommend. You can find him speaking around the world and sharing his thoughts online at HowardBehar.com
In this in-depth conversation, you’ll discover:
- How Howard came from a radically different background than your average giant company executive
- How he went from 17 year customer to mover and shaker within the company
- What he thinks about learning by formal education vs hands-on experience
- How giving a local employee the freedom to create led to a $3 billion/yr product line
- How the quest to make it perfect all the time sometimes kills innovation
- What it was like to work with a small team with strong opinions
- How Howard bridges the gap between people and product
- Why you just should take care of employee who are heading out the door
- Why having a people-centric focus is so important to enduring tough times
- And, so much more…
As with all of the interviews in this series, you can listen in 3 ways:
- Click the player below and listen
- Download the file in mp3 using the link below, or
- Go to iTunes, search and subscribe
Join our Email List for Weekly Updates
And join this amazing community of makers and doers. You know you wanna...