Over the last dozen years, I’ve devoured thousands of books on business, leadership, success and lifestyles and learned a ton through my own experience as an entrepreneur and marketing hired-gun. In an effort to shortcut the knowledge acquisition process, I offer these 11 rules for Moguls In Training or MITs:
- On Leadership: Give a damn
- On Product Development: Solve a huge problem at the point of greatest pain
- On Customer service: Give a public damn
- On Employee Management: See rule 1 & be ruthlessly honest
- On Marketing: See rules 1 & 2, then show, don’t tell
- On Advertising: The more you need it, the more your product sucks
- On PR: See rules 1 & 2, then light a match. If a fire doesn’t catch, do rule 2 better
- On Operations: See rules 1, 2 & 4, then add trust and accountability to a result
- On Sales: See rule 1, then solve, don’t sell…and only if you can
- On Success: The only metric that matters in the end is impact
- On Life: If you’re a macintosh, don’t try to be a gala.
Got more to add?
Have at it in the comments…
Join our Email List for Weekly Updates
And join this amazing community of makers and doers. You know you wanna...