It happens every August…
First year, it freaked me out. Second year, still. Third year, I knew the drill.
Strange as it sounds, the interwebs tend to go on vacation from about August 15 to September 5th. At least the individual blog-reading interwebs. Yes, your traffic will drop. No, there is no picture of you picking your nose that went viral on Reddit. It’s just the late-summer attention lull.
So rather than fight it, here are 10 things to do while nobody else is looking:
1. Sleep late, you know you need it.
2. Laugh more, it’s the one thing you can’t overdose on.
3. Play often, because your best ideas for fall will come from your best chillaxing now.
4. Step away from your screen, a November, 2011 study in the Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA) reveals it’ll still be there when you get back.
5. Post your high-school yearbook photo, then run screaming back to your computer to take it down an hour later.
7. Skip numbers because nobody’s looking (and it’ll give the grammar/typo police who never go on vacation something to do this week).
8. Watch this…over…and over…and over:
9. Go for a walk, run, ride, paddle or swim (or nap again, c’mon, you know you want to).
10. Live a little more. As Thoreau wrote, “How vain it is to sit down to write when you have not stood up to live.”
Got one to add?
Feel free to share ideas in the comments below…
Join our Email List for Weekly Updates
And join this amazing community of makers and doers. You know you wanna...