If you’re a regular here, you already know my new book, Uncertainty: Turning Fear and Doubt Into Fuel for Brilliance, launches this week. Thursday, to be exact.
I want this whole week to be a celebration of human potential by way of your stories.
So, I’m going to do something kinda fun and cool with you.
Here’s my challenge –
I want you to share a time where you danced with uncertainty…and won. A story where you felt the butterflies, the anxiety and fear, where you thought about turning back, maybe you even did, but then turned back around and ended up creating or becoming or doing something amazing. It could be about art, business, love, health, life, whatever. It just has to be real, no fables here.
I want you to inspire people not only with what you’ve accomplished, overcome and moved through, but with your willingness to reveal your dreams, struggles and successes. To own the gremlins and the glory.
And, I’m going to offer a bit of motivation to encourage you, in the form of the chance to win:
- Lunch with me at Soho House NY (you’ve gotta get there, the rest is on me)
- A 1-hr Borrow My Brain skype consult – (normally $1,000)
- Two signed, limited-edition illustrations by Marty Whitmore (described here)
Here’s how to win, while inspiring others:
Step 1 – Share Your Story.
Post your story either in the comments below, on your own blog, on any website you write for, tumblr, facebook, Youtube, google+ or anywhere else online that feels right to you. It can be text, video, images, illustrations, audio or all of the above. Feel free to embed the book trailer for extra points and inspiration. The sooner you post, the better. But, the cut-off is Wednesday, September 28th at 5pm NY time.
Step 2 – Spread it around.
- If you shared your story in the comments below, then go share this post on twitter, facebook, google+ or anywhere else you can. On twitter, be sure to use the hashtag #uncertaintybook. And on Facebook and google+, either tag me or add me to your share so I can keep track. I want the world to read and be inspired by your stories.
- If you’re sharing your story somewhere other than the comment section (even more brownie points for going the extra mile, btw), then be sure to drop a link to your story in the comments below, so we can see where you’ve posted and everyone can go read be inspired by you. Then, spread your post around on twitter, facebook or google+.
Step 3 – I’ll choose and post the winning entry here on Thursday.
On Wednesday evening, after the 5pm ET deadline, I’m going to read, watch and listen to every entry (actually I’ll be doing that all week, so the sooner you post, the better)…and based on the utterly biased, bribable with chocolate (kidding, kinda), completely unscientific opinions of me and my inner circle of Uncertainty Marauders, I will pick the entry that is the most compelling, coolest, funnest, deepest or most creative, feature it in it’s own post on the blog on Thursday, and award you your choice of one of the above three prizes (or maybe all of three, who knows?).
P.S. – If you feel like mentioning or linking to the book in your posts, tweets, status updates, yadda, yadda, I wouldn’t complain, but it’s not mandatory.
Okay, share away!
UPDATE: Wow – what an amazing collection of powerful stories, both here and scattered across the web. Because of the depth and volume of them, I’m going take a bit more time to really drink each one in, then post my thoughts early next week. Though, I can already tell you, they’re all fantastic.
*Legal mumbo jumbo: May not be combined with other promotions, no cash value, non-transferable, sponsor reserves the right to change or suspend the promotion without notice, purple eggs make great omelettes but only in Panama, if you’re my immediate family, sorry you can’t enter (unless you pay me with chocolate, then have at it), not valid in any state or country where laws say it ain’t or where they eat giant bugs for breakfast, always check the weather before leaving the house in the morning, I like bagels.
You Don't Need a Bribe To Join This Tribe
Plain and simple. Did you enjoy what you just read? Cool, then get more in your inbox every week. And join this amazing tribe of makers and doers. You know you wanna...