Time for another Friday afternoon best-of-the-web, where I filter out a bazillion things to bring you the coolest stuff I read and seen online this week. Enjoy…
- Family Guy Matrix Trailer – Epic, watch it and start your weekend with a smile
- Why leisure matters in a busy world - Interesting article about the importance of taking time off
- Twister bedsheets – No need for explanation here
- Become an expert with the power of deliberate practice – Steve Rubel applies greatness theory to the process of becoming an expert authority. Interesting read, especially for bloggers
- Why your loved ones want you to fail – Naomi reveals why those closest to you might not be your biggest supporters
- Are you talking to my generation? - James from MenWithPens writes a great column about writing to your readers
- How do I get a professionally designed blog? – Darren shares resources for blog design at all levels, from free to wordpress all-star.
- Understanding the value of ‘friends’ in social media websites – Maki shares his unique take on developing friends and followers across different social media hubs
- Research reveals new paths to productivity – Penelope shares 4 new ways to be more productive, not your standard getting things done list
- 10 misconceptions the self-employed deal with daily - Glen takes a look at the realities of working for yourself
- Women entrepreneurs just as successful, but less confident – Interesting research on women who start businesses
- Top 10 interesting facts about the brain – Very cool science-based facts about how the brain works
- Motherhood today: tougher challenges, less success – Two of every three women ages 50-64 say today’s mothers are doing a worse job as parents than mothers did 20 or 30 years ago
- The Daily Show’s Jon Stewart now America’s 4th ranked journalist – Interesting research behind blending of politics, journalism and humor
- One of the best intro’s in history – The Bloggess shares the story behind her riotous intro for Guy Kawasaki
- Cool pictures of all kinds of stuff people invented – Building on the Guy theme, the big K posts a ton of pictures of really cool/fun inventions and creations from the Maker Faire in San Mateo.
- Surprise findings about tech entrepreneurs – Tim Berry reveals highlights from new Kaufmann report, like twice as many US tech-entrepreneurs start companies in their 50s than their 20s.
- Breaking the glass – Seth shares a photo of a very cool thought-piece about taking life by the…
- Saying no – Chris Brogan write a compelling piece about the important of saying no to create more time for the stuff you really want to say yes to.
- Should you stop talking to prospects by phone? – Michel Fortin shares a provocative piece on eliminating phone calls for all but paying customers.
- The ultimate guide to a wildly sticky, successful and outstanding blog – Liz Strauss puts together a great compilation of tools, tips, techniques and articles.
- Thinking can ruin your life – interesting take on the paralysis of analysis
- Productivity vs ingenuity – Interesting take on getting things done versus getting things created.
- So, that should keep you guys busy over the weekend. Have fun!
POSTED IN: Link love | 05/9/08
Enjoy these related articles
- No related posts