It’s been a while since I’ve done a link-post, but there have been some really great articles I have been reading lately that I want to share for your weekend reading enjoyment.
This weeks Awake At The Links Collection includes:
- Marck Cuban’s rules for start-ups: My favorite two are – “1. Don’t start a company unless its an obsession and something you love. 2. If you have an exit strategy, its not an obsession.”
- 101 Resources For Online Entrepreneurs: Killer round-up of resources and links not only for online entrepreneurs, but anyone interested in getting more done faster.
- The Importance of Passion In Blogging: Wendy Piersall shares her insights into the role of passion in blogging and business in general.
- How To Make Time Time For Your Personal Goals: Lee shares 11 great tips for getting the most important stuff in your day done.
- Where Is The Value: Connections or Conversations?: Interesting discussion by social media maven, Muhammad Saleem, on how technology is evolving connecting and sharing.
- 7 Strategies for Dealing With Anxiety: PickTheBrain.com shares some strategies for dealing with an emotional state we all endure on some level.
- Dealing With A Career You Simply Hate: offers advice on areas to look at and things to consider when your job is killing you.
- Why We Shop: Getting A Grip On Consumerism: reveals interesting insights into some of the motivating factors behind shopping and buying.
- Extra Income Opportunity – Online Tutoring: Wisebread shares a novel approach to earning experience and money with your teaching skills online, along with some great resources.
- Managing Computer File Clutter: Unclutterer offers very useful tips to help organize and simplify all those electronic files cluttering up your screen real-estate.
- Trent over at TheSimpleDollar.com shares how quitting his job will actually allow him to make lifestyle changes that will net more money at the end of the year.
- How Mindful Are You?: Gretchen Rubin offers questions to explore mindfulness in your everyday life.
- GetFriday And The Cost Of Success: Tim Ferriss publishes a letter from the CEO of the virtual assistant company he mentioned in The Four Hour Workweek that reveals how the company was slammed by demand created by the book and shows how they’ve now responded.
- 11 Steps To Become Addicted To Running: Glen over at LifeDev.net offers great tips on developing a relationship with running that lasts a lifetime.
- Trading Hourly Rate For Task-Based Pay: Skellie offers critical considerations in choosing the best way to get paid for a gig.
- Itty-bitty Ikea-hacks: fun stuff to do with little, teeny things from Ikea
- Demand Better: Colin posts a compelling call-to-action to demand the best from yourself in the choices you make.
- How Not To Screw Up Your New Job: Brett offers a quick refresher on things to do and not do when starting at a new place.
- Make Your Resume Pop: ArtOfManliness.com offers tips and a few good writing resources to refresh your resume.
- 10 Questions Every Blogger Should Ask Themselves Before Posting: Good reminder to keep it focused on your readers.
- Safe Sippy Cups: For parents of younger kids who are concerned about toxins in plastic, here’s an interesting alternative.
- Spaceship For Sale For $3,500: Just for fun, for anyone looking to take a looooooong trip this weekend, consider this ultimate travel vehicle.
Let me know what you think…
And, please fee free to e-mail me any other links related to lifestyles, careers or entrepreneurship you’d like me to consider to future Awake At The Links posts.
POSTED IN: Link love | 03/14/08
Enjoy these related articles
- No related posts