Time for another Friday afternoon best-of-the-web, where I filter out a bazillion things to bring you the coolest stuff I read and seen online this week. Enjoy…
- Family Guy Matrix Trailer – Epic, watch it and start your weekend with a smile
- Why leisure matters in a busy world – Interesting article about the importance of taking time off
- Twister bedsheets – No need for explanation here
- Become an expert with the power of deliberate practice – Steve Rubel applies greatness theory to the process of becoming an expert authority. Interesting read, especially for bloggers
- Why your loved ones want you to fail – Naomi reveals why those closest to you might not be your biggest supporters
- Are you talking to my generation? – James from MenWithPens writes a great column about writing to your readers
- How do I get a professionally designed blog? – Darren shares resources for blog design at all levels, from free to wordpress all-star.
- Understanding the value of ‘friends’ in social media websites – Maki shares his unique take on developing friends and followers across different social media hubs
- Research reveals new paths to productivity – Penelope shares 4 new ways to be more productive, not your standard getting things done list
- 10 misconceptions the self-employed deal with daily – Glen takes a look at the realities of working for yourself
- Women entrepreneurs just as successful, but less confident – Interesting research on women who start businesses
- Top 10 interesting facts about the brain – Very cool science-based facts about how the brain works
- Motherhood today: tougher challenges, less success – Two of every three women ages 50-64 say today’s mothers are doing a worse job as parents than mothers did 20 or 30 years ago
- The Daily Show’s Jon Stewart now America’s 4th ranked journalist – Interesting research behind blending of politics, journalism and humor
- One of the best intro’s in history – The Bloggess shares the story behind her riotous intro for Guy Kawasaki
- Cool pictures of all kinds of stuff people invented – Building on the Guy theme, the big K posts a ton of pictures of really cool/fun inventions and creations from the Maker Faire in San Mateo.
- Surprise findings about tech entrepreneurs – Tim Berry reveals highlights from new Kaufmann report, like twice as many US tech-entrepreneurs start companies in their 50s than their 20s.
- Breaking the glass – Seth shares a photo of a very cool thought-piece about taking life by the…
- Saying no – Chris Brogan write a compelling piece about the important of saying no to create more time for the stuff you really want to say yes to.
- Should you stop talking to prospects by phone? – Michel Fortin shares a provocative piece on eliminating phone calls for all but paying customers.
- The ultimate guide to a wildly sticky, successful and outstanding blog – Liz Strauss puts together a great compilation of tools, tips, techniques and articles.
- Thinking can ruin your life – interesting take on the paralysis of analysis
- Productivity vs ingenuity – Interesting take on getting things done versus getting things created.
- So, that should keep you guys busy over the weekend. Have fun!
You Don't Need a Bribe To Join This Tribe
Plain and simple. Did you enjoy what you just read? Cool, then get more in your inbox every week. And join this amazing tribe of makers and doers. You know you wanna...