As you guys already know from what I’m doing over at Good Life Project, I’ve become a bit obsessed with videos that blend powerful, inspiring stories with big questions.
I’m constantly on the hunt for people and conversations that expand my lens and lead me to grow. And, every once in a while, I put them together and share them with you. Here are 7 videos that’ll give you a thing or two to think about this weekend…
1. Jerry Colonna on Good Life Project™ – Yeah, yeah, I know it’s from GLP. But Jerry’s extraordinary storytelling, wisdom and deeply-centered energy drew me in and left me thinking for days.
2. Scott Dinsmore – Scott’s TEDx just went live today, he definitely makes you think about the choices you make in pursuing your career and offer some great insights to guide you and get you to ask different questions.
3. Ashima Shiraishi – Ashima is a 10 year old girl who hit Hueco Tanks, TX in March, 2012 and climbed some of the hardest bouldering routes in the world. Did I mention she’s…10?!?! Her focus and drive to work seemingly impossible routes until she owns them makes me want to try harder!
4. David Foster Wallace – Shared this moving 2005 Kenyon College commencement speech. Sadly he passed not too long after, giving an ominous backdrop to much of what he offered in this talk.
5. Trinity Orchestra – This entirely student-run orchestra premieres full orchestral performance of “Time” and “Breathe (Reprise)” from Pink Floyd’s iconic album ‘The Dark Side of the Moon,’ performed in Christ Church Cathedral. I’m not usually a fan of remakes of classics, but this was pretty inspiring.
6. Kyle Maynard – Kyle has virtually no arms and no legs. Yet he took on the 19,000 foot Kilimanjaro peak in Africa, while carrying the ashes of a fallen soldier up the mountain. Makes you reconsider complaining about anything you’re facing right now.
7. Richard Feynman – Legendary Nobel Prize-winning physicist and teacher, Feynman spins stories about science and life, from the beauty of nature to particle physics.
If you’ve enjoyed this collection, feel free to share it with friends!
You Don't Need a Bribe To Join This Tribe
Plain and simple. Did you enjoy what you just read? Cool, then get more in your inbox every week. And join this amazing tribe of makers and doers. You know you wanna...