Over the last dozen years, I’ve devoured thousands of books on business, leadership, success and lifestyles and learned a ton through my own experience as an entrepreneur and marketing hired-gun. In an effort to shortcut the knowledge acquisition process, I offer these 11 rules for Moguls In Training or MITs:
- On Leadership: Give a damn
- On Product Development: Solve a huge problem at the point of greatest pain
- On Customer service: Give a public damn
- On Employee Management: See rule 1 & be ruthlessly honest
- On Marketing: See rules 1 & 2, then show, don’t tell
- On Advertising: The more you need it, the more your product sucks
- On PR: See rules 1 & 2, then light a match. If a fire doesn’t catch, do rule 2 better
- On Operations: See rules 1, 2 & 4, then add trust and accountability to a result
- On Sales: See rule 1, then solve, don’t sell…and only if you can
- On Success: The only metric that matters in the end is impact
- On Life: If you’re a macintosh, don’t try to be a gala.
Got more to add?
Have at it in the comments…
You Don't Need a Bribe To Join This Tribe
Plain and simple. Did you enjoy what you just read? Cool, then get more in your inbox every week. And join this amazing tribe of makers and doers. You know you wanna...